We started the weekend off by going to my parent’s lake house to enjoy some relaxing family time. Ellie was pretty tired and has been sleeping quit a bit. Poor thing, her neck and head have been hurting constantly. She woke up on Sunday and vomited and then went back to sleep. We where able to get her out to get pizza for dinner at Buddyz and where able to get her to actually eat. Then Monday she slept until we begged her to go out in the snow and play. We thought maybe the change of scenery would help make her feel better. She went out and played for about 45 minutes. This made me so happy because she has been so miserable and lethargic. Ellie did not eat very much again Monday and on the way home she vomited again. Its not food vomit its fluid vomit. I immediately contacted her doctor team and they told us to come down to the ER. We arrived in ER about 5:30pm and they ordered an MRI. They decided to admit her and monitor her through this. We did not get to a room until after 1am. Ellie’s MRI results came back this morning after everyone was able to read them. They are seeing enhancement of the tumor but this is something to be expected after surgery so they are not too concerned about it. They are still stumped on what is going on with Ellie. I feel like these days in the hospital are here to remind me how much I love my home and my bed. Ellie has been laying and sleeping most of today its hard to say if its because she was up late last night or if its because she doesn’t feel well. We did narrow it down that its not the stomach flu because the pain is in her neck and head and then she vomits. Her Ophthalmologist came in and did some tests on her eye and said that the infection is gone but her eye is dry and is not producing the proper wetness. She was going back to speak with the team to determine what the next course of action is and will get back to us. But for now we keep taping. I am struggling to even function and type this post today but I wanted to get back to everyone who has been asking how things are going.
They put Ellie back on steroids to try to help her headaches and pain. For now, we wait for Dr. Dipatri to get out of Surgery and decide what the next course of action is. On a positive note we where able to get Ellie to a store to get her St. Patrick’s Day Parade Dress yesterday before all the drama began. She found the dress she will be wearing as the St. Patrick’s Day Princess in Lemont on March 9th.
For now we wait and rest. Thank you for the continued support and prayers.
BTW: Ellie did spend about 30 minutes today looking through all the photos on the Elliestrong Facebook page and she was smiling and laughing at all the cute photos. Thank you keep the photos coming she is really enjoying them.
A mother with a battle ahead of her.